- Chinese Name Du Zhong 杜仲
- Latin Name Eucommia ulmoides Oliv.
- Other Names Cortex Eucommiae, Chinese Rubber Tree, Gutta-percha Tree
- Used Part Bark
- Specification Powdered Extract
Eucommia Bark Extract Powder
Eucommia is the primary plant-sourced herb in Chinese herbalism used to tonify the Kidney Yang functions, in particular as it affects the lower part of the body and the skeletal structure. And although Eucommia is primarily known as a powerful Yang Jing tonic, it is also a strong Yin Essence (Yin Jing) nourishing herb. Because it provides both Yin and Yang, it is a superb herb for men and women alike and can be used by almost anybody to promote the functions of the endocrine system, to promote sexual functions, to enhance normal growth, to promote healing, to strengthen the physical structure and to strengthen resistance.
Recent animal studies indicate that the alcohol extract of Eucommia Bark may be a potent human growth hormone secretagogue.
Clinical studies have reportedly shown that Eucommia extract may be effective in lowering blood pressure. It is widely used now in the treatment of hypertension, a serious health hazard of urban living.
Taste & Property Sweet, Slightly Acrid (Astringent), Warm
Organ Meridians Kidney, Liver
• Tonifies the Kidneys and Liver and strengthens the sinews and bones
– Kidney and Liver Deficiency with a weak, sore or painful lower back and knees, fatigue and urinary frequency
– Weakness of sinews and bones
• Aids the smooth flow of Qi and Blood
– Promotes circulation for weak sinews and bones
• Calms the fetus
– Deficiency Cold patterns with bleeding during pregnancy
– Prevents miscarriage when fetus is agitated or restless and when a pregnant woman has significant back pain or presents with a deficient condition
– Threatened abortion
• Lowers blood pressure
– Dizziness and lightheadedness due to Liver Yang Rising
• Tonifies Kidney Yang
– Reproductive and urinary disorders such as impotence and incontinence