- Chinese Name Hu Lu Ba 葫芦巴
- Latin Name Trigonella foenum-graecum
- Other Names Semen Trigonellae, Greek Hay Seed, Alholva, Bird’s Foot, Bockshornklee, Bockshornsame, Chandrika, Foenugraeci Semen, Foenugreek, Greek Clover, Greek Hay Seed, Medhika, Methi, Trigonella
- Used Part Seed
- Specification Powdered Extract
Fenugreek Seed Extract Powder
Fenugreek is a plant that grows in parts of Europe and western Asia. Botanically, fenugreek is a small annual leguminous herb belonging in the family of fabaceae, of the genus: Trigonella. Scientific name: Trigonella foenum-graecum. Some of the common names include greek-hay, mehti, bird’s foot, greek-clover, etc.
The first recorded use of fenugreek dates all the way back to 1500 B.C.E., in ancient Egypt. Across the Middle East and South Asia, fenugreek seeds were traditionally used as both a spice and a medicine. Its uses included helping with:
• Digestive problem
• Improve breast milk secretion
• Inducing childbirth
• Kidney problems
• Menopausal symptoms.
Health benefits of fenugreek seeds
• Fenugreek seeds are rich source of minerals, vitamins, and phytonutrients. 100 g seeds provide 323 calories.
• The seeds are a very good source of soluble dietary fiber. Soaking the seeds in water makes their outer coat soft and mucilaginous. 100 g of seeds provide 24.6 g or over 65% of dietary fiber.
• Non-starch polysaccharides (NSP) which constitute major fiber content in the fenugreeks include saponins, hemicellulose, mucilage, tannin, and pectin. These compounds help lower blood LDL-cholesterol levels by inhibiting bile salts re-absorption in the colon. They also bind to toxins in the food and help to protect the colon mucus membrane from cancers.
• NSPs (non-starch polysaccharides) increase the bulk of the food and augment bowel movements. Altogether, NSPs assist in smooth digestion and help relieve constipation ailments.
• It has been established that amino-acid 4-hydroxy isoleucine present in the fenugreek seeds has facilitator action on insulin secretion. In addition, fiber in the seeds helps lower rate of glucose absorption in the intestines thus controls blood sugar levels. Fenugreek seeds are therefore one of the ingredient that recommended in the diabetic diet.
• The seeds contain many phytochemical compounds such as choline, trigonelline diosgenin, yamogenin, gitogenin, tigogenin and neotigogens. Together, these compounds attribute for the medicinal properties of fenugreeks.
• This prized spice is an excellent sources of minerals like copper, potassium, calcium, iron, selenium, zinc, manganese, and magnesium. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps control heart rate and blood pressure by countering action on sodium. Iron is essential for red blood cell production and as a co-factor for cytochrome-oxidases enzymes.
• It is also rich in many vital vitamins that are essential nutrients for optimum health, including thiamin,pyridoxine (vitamin B6), folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin A, and vitamin-C.
—— Without it, maybe you are strong man; With it, you will be superman
What is Furostanol Saponins
Furostanol Saponins is extract made from fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum) seed and contains 50% Furostanol Saponins. It can improve the human testosterone level. The testosterone as known can stimulate the muscle growth, build up bone density, and enhance the male’s sexual activity. Furostanol Saponins improve the human’s testosterone level in the two ways as follows:
– to stimulate the pituitary to release luteinizing hormone (LH), then LH get to testicle by blood circulates, and then it can stimulate the production of testosterone.
– to promote adrenal gland secreting dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), DHEA is able to convert into testosterone.
Why use Furostanol Saponins?
All bodybuilders hope to gain muscular growth by some exercises. However, to attain the aim need a high testosterone level in the blood, it should exceed the physiological average of testosterone (4-12 mg/l blood plasma).
Without high testosterone, muscle will grow very slowly, or even won’t grow. While the early bodybuilders were hardly training, they were injecting steroid. Steroid is an external male hormone which can increase protein synthesis and muscle cells division so as to help muscle grow, just as what testosterone will do.
But it’s unlikely to inject steroid in a long term, otherwise it will produce side effects including liver and kidney damage, then resulting in prostate’s enlargement, prostate cancer, coronary heart disease, cerebral, arteriosclerosis and unfavorable to self-synthesis of male hormone.
Before 2005, prohormone was widely added to many sports nutrient food. With enzymes action prohormone in body will change to steroid similar compounds like 19-norandrostenedione, boldenone, 1-testosterone etc. These nutrient products really did a favor to bodybuilders in certain cases and improve the effect of their exercises.
Nevertheless, the prohormone also has some visible side effects to users, such as feminizing male breast, acne, bald, depression, fatigue, insomnia, possible hurt on liver and kidney. So its safety is doubted all the time.
And therefore, in 2005, FDA forbids to add prohormone into dietary supplements. Later, all bodybuilders urge to find security effective products to help them. In the same year, the market volume of sport nourishment in America and Europe has reached 4.5 billion U.S. dollars. Now, the market is increasing at the speed of 6% per year. Large market demands and lack of good products make Furostanol Saponins possess significant market potential.
Taste & Property Bitter, Warm
Organ Meridians Kidney
• Warms Kidneys, disperses Dampness and alleviates pain
– Kidney Yang Deficiency with Accumulation of Cold or Stagnant Qi with abdominal or flank distention and pain or bulging disorders
– Cold-Damp Leg Qi