- Chinese Name Sha Ji 沙棘
- Latin Name Hippophae rhamnoides．L
- Other Names Sandthorn, Sallowthorn, Seaberry
- Used Part Berry
- Specification Powdered Extract; Juice Powder
Sea Buckthorn Berry Juice Powder
Sea buckthorn is known as a panacea, or cure-all, in many parts of Eastern Asia and Russia. It’s been used for thousands of years to treat all sorts of health issues and illnesses.
Sea buckthorn has an impressive nutritional profile that indirectly heals and fortifies the entire body. With 14 essential vitamins, omega’s 3, 6, 9, the rare omega 7, super charged anti oxidants, hundreds of other nutrients, and anti-inflammation properties; Sea buckthorn is THE supplement to be taking. It’s as if one combined fish oil with a multi vitamin/mineral all from one fruit. To make matters better, this is vegan friendly. It’s just a fruit with almost everything the body needs!
For direct healing, sea buckthorn is effective on the skin for burns, wounds, cuts, and any kind of skin damage. It’s a true skin healer and the high levels of omega-7, mostly found in the berry oil, are known for supporting tissue and mucous membranes. It’s widely used, and probably best known, as a beauty berry. Daily use can keep you young and healthy from the inside-out, nourishing the skin and body tissues. The oil is commonly taken internally to deal with ulcers and other inflammation issues such as in the throat or skin.
Fun Facts about Sea Buckthorn
Greek Legend – “Tree that Makes Horses Shine”
According to Greek legend, war torn horses were set free to die a natural death. Soldiers were shocked when the horses returned from sea buckthorn forests full of health and strength with radiant, shiny fur. For this reason they named it Hippophae Rhamnoides, “tree that makes horses shine”.
During the Chernobyl nuclear disaster, Sea Buckthorn was used to help heal the skin of burn victims.
Russian Space Program
Russian Cosmonauts used sea buckthorn as part of a special nutrition program to fight the intense radiation exposure found in space.
• Hair, Skin, and Nails – a true beauty oil for internal and external use
• General Immunity – excellent for overall health and well being
• Cardiovascular – heart-healthy omegas support normal cholesterol
• Gastrointestinal – nourishes the digestive tract from start to finish
• Weight Management – omega-7 may help burn fat
Taste & Property Sour, Astringent, Warm
Organ Meridians Liver, Kidney
• Stop cough and resolve phlegm, promote digestion, activate blood and dissipate blood stasis.
– Cough with excessive phlegm, indigestion, abdominal pain due to food retention, traumatic injury, amenorrhea.