- Chinese Name Suan Zao Ren 酸枣仁
- Latin Name Semen Zizyphi Spinosae.
- Other Names Spiny Zizyphus Seeds, Sour Jujube Seeds, Spiny Date Seeds
- Used Part Seed
- Specification Powdered Extract
Ziziphus Seed Extract Powder
Zizyphus is one of the most commonly used herbs in Chinese herbalism. It is the quintessential tranquilizing herbal substance. Being neutral in energy and mild in nature, it is the most commonly used lead herb in sedative formulas designed to help relax the mind and induce sound sleep. It is especially useful for people who are experiencing restless sleep with excessive, vivid dreams and / or nightmares. It is categorized as a heart-blood tonic, therefore directly calming the heart, which is of course the seat of Shen and which determines our emotional stability. This is a very good herb for women who suffer insomnia do to a slight or profound anemic condition.
Taste & Property Sweet, Sour, Neutral
Organ Meridians Gallbladder, Heart, Liver
• Nourishes Heart Yin, tonifies Liver Blood and calms the Spirit
– Liver Blood Deficiency or Heart Yin Deficiency with Deficiency Fire Rising with irritability, insomnia and palpitations with anxiety
• Astringes sweat and generates fluids
– Abnormal sweating, either spontaneous sweating or nightsweats