- Chinese Name She Chuang Zi 蛇床子
- Latin Name Cnidium monnieri (L.) Cuss.
- Other Names Cnidium Fruit, Fructus Cnidii Monnieni
- Used Part Seed
- Specification Powdered Extract
Cnidium Seed Extract Powder
Cnidium monnieri has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine as a remedy for many skin ailments, as well as a treatment for sexual dysfunction. It is primarily used for the purpose of overcoming sexual malaise and strengthening sexual potency, increased sexual drive, and Chinese literature often refers to the seeds as an aphrodisiac that was used almost routinely in imperial formulas designed specifically for the emperor.
It is suspected that cnidium monnieri’s works by potentially counteracting the efforts of a chemical in the body that breaks down nitric oxide (NO). Since NO is a vasodilator, Cnidium monnieri may help promote vascular pumps after you’ve finished working out. These effects may be subtle and therefore is often combined with L-arginine, Citrulline malate, and GPLC to improve results.*
Cnidium is also known for its effect on erectile dysfunction (ED) in men. It may also give a boost to women who need to peak their desire.
Skin rashes may also be helped with a topical application of cnidium monnieri.
Taste & Property Acrid, Bitter, Warm
Organ Meridians Kidney (Spleen)
•Dries Dampness, kills parasites and stops itching topically
– Topically as a powder or ointment for weeping, itchy skin lesions (especially genital)
– Scabies and tinea
•Disperses Cold, dispels Wind and dries Dampness
– Vaginal discharge due to Cold-Dampness
– Wind-Cold-Dampness affecting the Kidneys and Du channel with lower back pain
•Warms and tonifies the Kidneys and strengthens Yang
– Impotence or infertility due to Kidney Yang Deficiency or Cold Womb