- Chinese Name Lu Rong 鹿茸
- Latin Name Cervus nippon / Cervus elaphus L.
- Other Names Deer Antler Velvet, Hairy Deer Antler, Cornu Cervi Pantotrichum, Cornu Cervi Parvum
- Used Part Deer Antler Velvet
- Specification Powdered Extract
Deer Antler Velvet Extract Powder
Ultimate Primal Essence (Jing) Tonic for Anti-aging & Longevity
How is Deer Antler Velvet Extracts harvested and Processed?
Deer Antler is truly one of nature’s miraculous examples of regeneration and sustainability. Deer Velvet is harvested from stags when their antlers are soft and rich with nutritional components like minerals, amino acids, vitamins and enzymes. In the spring antlers naturally grow at an astounding rate of almost 2 cm daily. At approximately day 60 of the growing cycle, the deer are gathered together from the free range, and the antlers are harvested under the auspices of licensed and trained veterinarians. After a few days, when it has been determined that the animals are all in good health, they are returned the free range for the remainder of the year.
Once it’s humanely harvested from the deer, the antlers are freeze dried and then sliced into thin wafers. It is these thin slices that novoherb then takes delivery of and processes into our potent and full spectrum Deer Antler Extracts. We only do full spectrum extractions because we believe nature constructs the products to a state of perfection in relation to active ingredients. When you take a natural product like deer antler, and try to spike the levels of one or two of the ‘active ingredients’, you may be getting the intelligence of the product, but you may be leaving behind the wisdom. Novoherb Technologies gives you the product the way nature intended, in its potent, nutrient rich, non-toxic, full spectrum glory.
Deer Antler Velvet was found to contain all of these life enhancing and longevity promoting components:
Minerals and Trace Minerals
• Calcium(Ca)– provides structure for healthy bones and teeth, it is also an essential element for nerve impulse conduction, muscle contraction, and blood clotting. It is also interesting to note in the Taoist tradition that this mineral has a calming effect on the spirit.
• Copper(Cu)– necessary for the production of red blood cells, bones and nerves.
• Iron(Fe)– essential for the ability of red blood cells to transport oxygen to every cell in the body.
• Manganese(Mn)– essential for the production and development of bones and connective tissue, and for the normal functioning of the central nervous system.
• Magnesium(Mg)– very important in making calcium bio-available and essential in metabolic reactions and the storing and releasing of energy in the cells.
• Phosphorus(P)– another element of bones and teeth, and is a component of the vast majority of metabolic reactions.
• Potassium(K)– essential to all nerve and muscle functions.
• Selenium(Se)– one of the bodies’ most powerful antioxidants and essential to a strong immune system.
• Sodium(Na)– essential in osmotic pressure regulation and nerve and muscle function.
• Sulfur(S)– an essential component of hormones, vitamins, proteins , amino acids and insulin.
• Zinc(Zn)– an important mineral in optimal immune function also part of the enzymes involved in digestion and respiration and it is necessary for normal wound healing and healthy skin.
• There are several proteins found in deer antler, but the major one is Collagen in the forms of Type I,II,III,IV,VI and X. This protein is a major component of bones, tendons, ligaments and cartilage. You can see why Deer Antler Extraxts would be a perfect addition to an athletic regimen.
• Amino Acids: Amino acids are the building blocks the body uses to construct proteins and are the structural materials in the cell. They are directly involved in the growth and repair of all tissue in the body. Deer antler contains both essential and non-essential amino acids, they are: Alanine, Asparagine, Aspartic acid, Arginine, Cysteine, Glutamine, Glycine, Glutamic acid, Histidine, Isoleucine, Lysine, Leucine, Phenylalanine, Methionine, Orthinine, Serine, Proline, Taurine, Tryptophan, Threonine, Tyrosine and Valine.
When we are young, the concentration of growth factors is relatively high which promotes lean muscle mass and low body fat. But as we age, the production of growth factors slowly begins to decline and the muscles begin to atrophy and body fat begins to be deposited especially for inactive individuals. The growth factors found in deer antler are the following:
• Insulin-like Growth Factor 1(IGF-1) and Factor 2 (IGF-2). Has an anabolic effect on muscle mass, helps maintain normal fat distribution, helps promote bone health and nerve health. Insulin-like growth factors are also involved in the metabolism of glucose.
• Epidermal Growth Factor(EGF). Have an effect on the growth and maintenance of bones, promoting protein and fat metabolism, stimulating cartilage growth, and thickening and lengthening bones in children. EGFs also have growth promoting action on the skin.
• Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF). This growth factor is responsible for priming the cell to enter the cycle of cell division; it also assists other growth factors to stimulate and regulate the re-growth of blood vessels to wound sites and damaged bone.
Please Note: Novoherb Technologies doesn’t standardize or test for IGF-1 in their Deer Antler Extracts. They adhere to a more traditional Taoist philosophy of whole herb extracts. IGF-1 is but one of hundreds of constituents and co-factors in Deer Antler Extracts that contribute to its long prized longevity enhancing properties. The closer an herb gets to a single component or the more a single component is concentrated and standardized, the closer it becomes to medicine rather than food and Novoherb’s philosophy is one that embraces the tonic food based approach.
These endogenous pyrogens belong to a family of chemical messengers called cytokines. The following cytokines are found in this product:
• Interleukin 1- T cell activation by macrophages, fever induction, inflammation promotion.
• Interleukin 2- T and B cell differentiation and mitosis.
• Interleukin 6- Stimulates the proliferation and killing activities of T cells.
• Interleukin 12- promotes the proliferation of Natural Killer cells and promotes cell-mediated.
Health Benefits of Deer Antler Extract.
• Improved athletic performance.
• Anti-inflammatory properties.
• Accelerated wound healing.
• Improved lean muscle mass.
• Increased production of red blood cells.
• Improved mental facility and acuity.
• Anabolic and growth stimulating properties.
• Healthy libido and sexual function.
• Increased sense of well being.
• Support for the whole endocrine system.
• Support of the cardio-vascular system.
• Improvement in arthritic conditions.
• Slow the deteriorating effect of aging.
Taste & Property Sweet, Salty, Warm
Organ Meridians Kidney, Liver
• Tonifies the Kidneys and strengthens Yang
– Kidney Yang Deficiency with fatigue, impotence, cold extremities, lightheadedness, tinnitus, soreness and lack of strength in the lower back and knees and frequent, copious clear urination
• Warms Yang, regulates the Chong and Ren channels and stabilizes the Dai Channel
– Insufficiency of the Chong and Ren and Dai Channel weakness with vaginal discharge or uterine bleeding from Deficiency Cold
– Infertility with a cold Womb (can be used alone)
• Tonifies the DU Channel, strengthens Jing and Blood, strengthens the sinews and bones and benefits marrow
– Jing and Blood Deficiency, especially in children with physical nd mental developmental disorders such as failure to thrive, mental retardation, learning disabilities, insufficient growth or skeletal deformities including rickets
– Non healing fractures with Kidney Deficiency and exhaustion of the Jing (can be used alone)
– Non healing ulcers (can be used alone)
• Tonifies and nourishes Qi and Blood and heals chronic Yin sores and boils
– Qi and Blood Deficiency
– Chronic ulcerations or Yin-type boils